Preventing mold and mildew is the best way to keep your indoor pool area safe, clean, and smelling great. Indoor pools need to stay at the right humidity levels to maintain the pool’s chemical balance. The key to a good chemical balance is reducing the amount of moisture in the air. This can be done with the help of a dehumidifier.
A dehumidifier will help reduce the amount of moisture in your air to prevent mold, mildew, and other types of fungus from forming. It also helps absorb moisture from the air to enjoy a comfortable environment while swimming or just relaxing around your pool. After understanding how humidity levels affect your indoor swimming pool, you can rely on our information if you want to know how to choose Best dehumidifier for indoor pool.
Table of Contents
Importance of dehumidifier for indoor pools:
A dehumidifier for an indoor pool can be a great addition to your home and is the most effective way of combating harmful moisture in the air. It keeps the air fresher, helps you keep fit and healthy by breathing fresh air, and assures you that no germs will cause any diseases in your home or office.
A dehumidifier is essential for maintaining an indoor pool in good condition. The equipment is ideal for pools as they help reduce the amount of moisture in the air, keeping it at a moderate level that ensures that athletes and guests are comfortable. In addition to this, it also works much better than other methods due to its superior ability to remove moisture from the air, keeping the environment fresh for swimmers and staff alike.
A dehumidifier is an electrical appliance that removes moisture from the air and can be used in many areas of your life to improve comfort and save money. When you’re buying a dehumidifier, there are many variables to consider. This guide will help you make sense of them all to find the best one for your needs.
Select the right Indoor pool dehumidifier size:
The size of the dehumidifier depends on the area you want to cover. Moreover, selecting the right size dehumidifier for an indoor pool is very important because different pool surfaces produce different volumes of evaporated water. If you want to install a common residential dehumidifier for a large indoor pool, it will not remove the excess moisture.
In short, sizing for an indoor pool dehumidifier depends on the surface area of the water. You can understand with the help of indoor pool dehumidifier sizing:
- 190 Pints/day is ideal for 400-450 square feet of water surface.
- 110pints/day is ideal for 250 square feet of water surface.
- You can consider a unit with a slightly higher capacity than the square feet of water surface.
- Residential dehumidifiers can’t control the amount of humidity in indoor pools.
Things to consider before installing of indoor pool dehumidifier:
When choosing a dehumidifier for an indoor pool, consider how the unit will be used and it’s capacity. When choosing a unit that will effectively remove moisture from the air in your basement or home, these factors are important.
Choosing a dehumidifier for an indoor pool is not a piece of cake. You have to consider several parameters to choose the right one. It can be done by following these steps:
- Measure the humidity level where you are going to use the appliance.
- Calculate the amount of moisture expected to be removed from the air in 24 hours.
- Compare the current humidity level with the desired airflow and determine if enough space is available for installing a dehumidifier.
- Check whether your pool room has enough ventilation.
- Find out where you will plug in your appliance, and ensure that you have a sufficient electricity supply nearby.
How does a dehumidifier dehumidify the indoor pool?
The market provides many types of dehumidifiers, and each type has its advantages. Therefore, before purchasing an indoor pool dehumidifier, it is necessary to know how to choose a dehumidifier for an indoor pool. There are three main indoor pool dehumidifiers: electronic desiccants, air-source heat pumps, and compressor-type dehumidifiers.
Approximately 35 m² pool can evaporate up to 4 liters of water each hour which can cause the humidity in the air to reach up to 95℅, which will then condense in the cold areas. If the humidity persists, it leads to foul odors and other germs. The best solution is a dehumidifier with an in-built heating system that allows the windows to remain closed and keep the air fresh.
Indoor pool dehumidifier features:
If you are still wondering how to choose a dehumidifier for an indoor pool, You can consider these features that include fan speeds and moisture removal levels to help you set the right dehumidifying level for your indoor pool. Pool dehumidifiers come with a range of features and are incredibly versatile. Some of the main features are:
- Modify plug design: controls include convenient on/off switches and easy-to-view meters, and many are remotely controlled for added convenience.
- Functional installation: indoor pool dehumidifier is usually custom installed inside a mechanical space or hung from the ceiling.
- Best humidity controller: This device will remove some moisture from the environment, creating less moisture than there would otherwise be by using its fan to circulate air. It works using a heat pump that creates cooling energy and pumps warm air out of your pool room. Moreover, you can set the humidity level, and the dehumidifier will automatically maintain it.
- Condensate pumps: with the help of an internal condensate pump, it can vertically pump water upwards of 20 feet, which easily dispose of the water outside.
- Movable caster wheels allow you to move the dehumidifier where needed. The portable pool and spa dehumidifier are a good choice for homes with an indoor pool that needs extra humidity control.
- Safe and fresh environment: Enjoy the benefits of a clean, dry pool area every season by installing an Indoor Pool Dehumidifier. It works to remove moisture and airborne contaminants from your indoor pool area, allowing you to enjoy a more comfortable and healthier swimming environment.
Hi, my name is Fahad. I am the Electrical MEP Design Engineer in Dubai for over Two years now. Fahad is experienced in the HVAC industry, installing, maintaining, troubleshooting malfunctions for all sorts of complex heating/ventilating/air conditioning systems. Fahad started his website to share his past experience and knowledge in the field of humidity control. He has a lot of valuable advice for visitors and writes great articles with lots of information about home humidity control .